- das königliche Projekt, Forschungszentren
- Educational places
- Freizeit & Unterhaltung
- Kunst, Kultur & Erbe
- Spa- & Wellnesszentren
- Städtisches Leben
- Thailändische Natur & Tierwelt
- » Inseln
- » Stauseen, Seen und Reservoirs
- » Nationalparks & Marinereserven
- » Flüße & Kanale
- » Blumenfelde & -gärten
- » Thermalbäde
- » Höhlen
- » Wasserfälle
- » Strände & Buchten
- » Diving site
- » Mountain (Doi)
- » Other nature sites
- » Green Travel
- Weingüter & Brauereien
DailyOperating time: 24 Hour
Kategorie : Nationalparks & Marinereserven
Attraction Details :
Covering the area of 1,532 square kilometers, this area of lush tropical forest home to a complex variety of wild creatures was announced the conservation forest in 23 December, 1981, following the contruction of Srinagarindra Dam. Visitors should visit some of the beautiful caves: Tham Sawan, ThamNeramit, Tham Nam Mut, Tham Phra Prang and Tham Phra Kho, for beautiful stalactites and stalactites, trek the to the high levels of Namtok Huai Mae Khamin waterfall and cruise for scenic views in the dam’s lake. Ideal months to visit the waterfall are during October - Apri. Accommodation and camping site are available for tourists.
Admission. 300 baht for adults, 200 baht for children.
Contact:Srinagarindra National Park, 0 3453 2027, 0 3454 7018 (VoIP) 0 9160 24954; National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department, Bangkok, tel. 0 2562 0760. www.dnp.go.th.
● By Car: Route 1: Drive along Highway 323 passing Kanchanaburi, then take the route ‘Kanchanaburi-Namtok Erawan’ (Highway 3199) passing Tham Phra That, Huai Phu Mut (Wat Phu Mut). Take the laterite road for 104 km. until getting to Namtok Huai Mae Khamin. A maintained powerful car is needed; otherwise, rent a Song Thaeo from the town or Khuean Srinagarindra Market. Route 2: Bring the car crossing the river by ferry (150 baht/car). Take Highway 323, passing the town then take the ‘Kanchanaburi-Tha Kradan-Mae Lamun Route (Highway 3199).’ Park the car on the ferry at Mae Lamun Pier crossing to Amphoe Si Sawat Pier for 15 minutes. Car fee is Bt50 each. Drive on for another 10 km. to get to the ferry pier crossing to Huai Mae Khamin Pier for 30-45 minutes with a charge of Bt150 per car. Then drive on another 7 km. to Namtok Huai Mae Khamin. By Boat
● By Boat: Charter a boat at Mong Krathae Pier or Tha Kradan Pier, 12 km from the intersection leading to Srinagarindra Dam. It costs 1,500 baht (10 persons)-3000 baht (30 persons). When arriving at Huai Mae Khamin Pier, walk upwards another 200 metres to the waterfall.
● By Bus: Take a Song Thaeo from Wat Thung Lat Ya in Amphoe Mueang passing Ban Ton Maphrao, Ban Nam Mut, Phut Ta Sian and Namtok Huai Mae Khamin. The car departs at noon (12.00 a.m.) and takes about 4 hours to get there. (Note: The departure time is changeable.)